"To fully understand a culture, one must be immersed in it"

This blog is about a girl who lived her whole life in America and though she has visited other countries before, she has never lived amongst people with differing customs than her own. This lack of personal knowledge annoyed the girl and she decided to embark on a twenty-two week long journey to Europe, where for seventeen weeks she will be living amongst the Dutch in Amsterdam adapting to their cultural ways. This blog serves as her journal whilst away capturing every moment of shock and growth.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

At the Copa, Copacabana!

I’m in Rio de Janiero, Brasil and I’m super stoked because the last time I was here I got to spend a whole three days visiting the famous tourist attractions (O Cristo Redentor, Jardim Botanico, and all the famous beaches). Now I’ve seen everything a good tourist needs to see and I can just have fun like an average Brazilian teenager. However because of Global Warming Rio has been unusually cold and by cold I mean in the mid 60’s °F, so no bikinis. With sunbathing out of the picture there isn’t much to do in Rio during the middle of the week, especially when students still have class. So me and my cousin, Julia, decided to walk around Copacabana beach…











No comments:

Post a Comment